Dipl. Psychologist | Children and adolescent psychotherapy | Clinical psychologist and behavioral therapist
Languages: English | German
Children and adolescents go through many different and sometimes difficult phases in their development. Everyday life at school, at home and in their environment requires a great deal of adaptability. If this adaptability falters, it can lead to uncertainty. The reactions to insecurities can be very diverse.
Life can then become explosive and full of conflict. Some children and adolescents are sad and disgruntled, withdraw, inflict injuries on themselves or experience their own lives as meaningless. Others eat so little that they put themselves in danger.
Such situations bring grief and suffering for the person affected, but also for their relatives. However, these crises can also conceal opportunities for further development.
In difficult phases, it can be helpful to have a neutral outside person available for trusting discussions. This offers the opportunity to discuss even difficult topics. The point is to come out of this process stronger. Self-confidence can grow and processes of change can be set in motion.
I attach great importance to an individually tailored therapeutic approach that does justice to each patient and family in all its possible forms in its uniqueness.
I work in a resource- and solution-oriented way. I believe that the best possible support is the promotion of competencies – the competencies of children to master their lives and the competencies of parents to support and accompany their children on this path.
It is important to me that you and your children feel comfortable with me and develop confidence in their own abilities again, so that they can experience a positive change step by step.
- 2005 award of the academic degree with the title “Diplom-Psychologin” by the University of Hamburg. Main focus: Clinical Psychology, Educational Psychology and Neurology.
- 2009 “Colegio Oficial de Psicólogos de Madrid”. Official Chamber of Psychologists of Madrid. ”Experto en Psicoterapia con Niños y Adolescentes”. Training in psychotherapy with children and adolescents with a focus on “behavioral therapy”.
- 2012 Centro de Psicología Bertrand Russell Madrid. Center for Psychology and Psychotherapy Bertrand Russell Madrid. Further training as a psychological psychotherapist with specialization in behavioral therapy.
- Since 2019 “Psicología Palma” private practice for children, adolescents and adults. Psychological counseling and psychotherapy.
- 2011-2016 “SINEWS” Madrid. Instituto de Terapia Multilingüe. Practice for multilingual therapy. Clinical Psychologist. Individual therapy under cognitive-behavioral approach for children, adolescents and adults. Psychological diagnostic procedures and intervention. Psychological accompaniment in crisis situations. Family counseling and individual counseling.
- 2012 “Centro de Psicología Bertrand Russell”, Madrid. Psychotherapist in training. Individual sessions with children, adolescents and adults with different types of disorders.
- 2007-2012 “Sonnenschule” Madrid. German-speaking school institution for bilingual children from 2 to 5 years old. Pedagogical specialist. Early intervention.
- 2006 “La Casita Alemana”, Madrid. German-speaking institution for bilingual children from 6 to 12 years old. Pedagogical specialist. Individual support for school children to overcome learning difficulties and behavioral problems.
- 2006 “Kindergarten of the German School of Madrid”. Pedagogical specialist. Collaboration in a morning group with children aged 4 to 5 years. Support in the implementation of applied support concepts. Accompaniment of the group process. Implementation of pedagogical offers.
- 2005 “Asociación Nuevo Horizonte” Institute for autistic children and adolescents, Las Rozas-Madrid, Spain. Collaboration in the program of the summer camp with autistic adolescents and adolescents with other profound developmental disorders. Design of employment and leisure activities.
- 2003-2004 University of Hamburg, Psychological Institute II. Department for Children and Adolescents Collaboration on the project “Rehabilitation and Support of Autistic Children and Adolescents”, under the direction of Prof. Dr. Paul Probst.
- 2002-2005 “Dipl. Psych. Brigitte Grosser and Dipl. Psych. Ute Binnenbruck Practice for Children and Adolescents Behavioral Psychotherapy”, Hamburg, Norderstedt . Staff member in the area of diagnostics and evaluation. Conducting psychological test examinations and explorations in children with all forms of behavioral disorders. Preparation of reports.